This Beef Chili is the perfect hearty recipe for a quick and easy weeknight dinner. Loaded with beans, packed with flavor, and so easy to make!
Chili is one of my all-time favorites and is always included in my weeknight dinner’s rotation because it is so easy to make! Cooked on the stove in one pot, ready in 30 minutes or less. Packed with chunky beans, hearty ground beef, and vegetables. This chili is super nutritious. Season with plenty of cumin and chili powder, which are an absolute must for that perfect chili flavor. I like to add diced chipotle peppers to add some heat, but beware because they are VERY spicy!
Beef Chili Ingredients:
- Olive oil
- 80% lean ground beef
- Chopped red onion
- Chili kidney beans with sauce
- Chili pinto beans with sauce
- Sweet corn, drained
- Tomato sauce
- Chicken or beef broth
- Canned chipotle peppers
- Chili powder
- Salt & pepper
Optional Toppings for Chili:
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheese
- Tortilla strips
- Diced green onions
- Diced jalapeño
How to Make Beef Chili:
- Heat the oil in a large pot and add the chopped onions and ground beef. Season with salt, pepper, cumin, and chili powder and cook until the beef is cooked through and no more pink remains.
- Add the chili pinto beans with sauce, chili kidney beans with sauce, drained corn, tomato sauce, broth, and chipotle peppers. Stir to combine
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and continue to simmer, stirring occasionally, until ready to serve.
This chili is a perfect leftover food to enjoy all week long. Just reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop for a quick and delicious lunch or dinner.
Can chili be frozen?
Absolutely! Chili reheats very nicely, store frozen chili for up to 1 month. Serve hot chili immediately, leftovers will last in the fridge for 1 week.
More Ground Beef Recipes:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ medium red onion chopped
- 1 lb. 80% lean ground beef
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 2 tsps. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 can chili pinto beans, with sauce
- 1 can chili kidney beans, with sauce
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- ¼ cup canned corn drained
- 1 tbsp diced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- ½ cup chicken or beef broth
- Heat the oil in a large pot and add the onions and ground beef. Season with salt, pepper, cumin, and chili powder. Cook until the beef is cooked through and no pink remains. About 5 minutes.
- Add the chili pinto beans with sauce, chili kidney beans with sauce, drained corn, tomato sauce, broth, and chipotle peppers. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 - 20 minutes.
- Serve warm with desired toppings.