I am so excited to share this Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe!
This chocolate chip banana bread recipe is the very first I have ever created and perfected myself! It took a lot of trial and error but I finally got the result I was looking for, and I am so excited to share it on my blog!
Banana bread is my husband’s all-time favorite, and so when I sought out to create a perfect, moist, chocolate chip filled (his favorite) banana bread recipe I knew I had the perfect taste tester handy.
Can you quick ripen bananas?
Yes! Considering I was making banana bread A LOT, I had to take banana ripening into my own hands. Turns out there’s a super easy and fast way to quickly ripen bananas. Simply place the ripe bananas on a baking pan and bake in a 250º oven for about 30 minutes, until the peels are black, as pictured above. Be careful when grabbing them because they become squishy.
What sugar do you use for banana bread?
Both sugars can be used separately in banana bread recipes. I use brown sugar as well as granulated sugar for this recipe. The brown sugar reacts with the baking soda creating carbon dioxide. This makes the bread cakier, while the granulated sugar helps keep the bread from getting too crumbly.
Always add eggs one at a time, just until combined, do not over mix, and remember to scrape down the sides of the bowl to ensure all ingredients are incorporated as needed.
Mash the bananas well in a separate bowl, getting rid of any large clumps. Once you add the mashed bananas to the batter you want to avoid overmixing. Overmixing banana bread batter will result in a bread that is dense rather than light and fluffy, so get all your mashing done while you can!
Once you have all your batter ready to go, fold in any add-ins you like. Optional add-ins include, but are not limited to:
- Chopped nuts
- Chocolate chips
- Peanut butter
- Dried fruit
- Fresh fruit
Get ready to make the best banana bread you’ve ever had!
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 1½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup butter (8 tablespoons) softened to room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs
- 3 large bananas very ripe
- ¼ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 °
- Spray a 4 × 8 inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix butter and sugars with an electric mixer until creamy, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each.
- Mix in mashed bananas, greek yogurt, and vanilla extract and mix until smooth
- Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the banana mixture until combined. Do not overmix. Fold the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cover the top with aluminum foil. Continue baking for 15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and allow to cool completely before serving.