Best Guacamole Recipe
I am seriously addicted to this guacamole recipe. It’s so bright and vibrant, and just lights up my taste buds in a glorious way. Serve it with a bowl of chips, on tacos or burritos, a side for omelettes, the sky is the limit.
The best guacamole recipe uses simple, fresh ingredients that highlight the wonderful taste of creamy delicious avocados.
- Diced tomatoes
- Always always rinse.
- Remove the cores. Because of their watery consistency, and nobody likes a watery guacamole.
- Chopped onion
- I like red because it adds a pretty pop of color, but chopped white onions tastes just as good.
- Adds a great burst of citrusy freshness, and goes hand in hand with the cilantro.
- Don’t forget to rinse!
- Simple seasonings work best and make avocados the star of this best guacamole recipe!
- Jalepeño (optional)
- Remove the seeds and dice if you like your guacamole a little more spice.
Mash the avocados in a bowl with a fork until mostly smooth and with a few clumps for a chunky guacamole
Rinse and dry the roma tomatoes. Cut the tops off and cut in half lengthwise. Remove the cores and dice into small cubes.
Dice the red onion
Rinse the cilantro and finely chop the leaves.
Add tomato, onion, jalepeño(if using), and cilantro to the mashed avocado and stir to combine.
Squeeze the lime juice and sprinkle with salt. Add salt little by little and taste until desired saltiness.
Simple as that and oh so good! Serve with some tortilla chips for a perfect party appetizer.
- 2 medium avocado
- 1 roma tomato seeded
- ½ red onion chopped
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 lime juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- Slice the top portion of the avocados to remove the small seed, slice avocados in half lengthwise.
- Remove avocado pits and spoon avocado into the bowl. Mash the avocados with a fork until desired texture is reached, preferably still lumpy.
- Chop your onions, tomato, and cilantro and add to mashed avocado. Season with salt and lime juice, stir to combine.