You are going to love this Meatball Recipe because the meatballs are super juicy, packed with a ton of flavor, and they don’t fall apart during baking!
I could not be more happy with how this meatball recipe turned out. Maximum flavor, perfect texture, and so juicy!
- Ground beef: Use 80-90% for the most juicy meatballs.
- Ground pork: I like to use half beef and half pork, but if you’d prefer to just use beef that’s fine too.
- Chopped onion: Chop the onion very finely so that they’re tender by the time the meatballs are done baking.
- Chopped garlic: Always use fresh garlic for the best meatballs!
- Italian style bread crumbs: A classic meatball ingredient, also helps to bind the meatballs.
- Egg: Egg is essential as the binder for the meatballs.
- Parmesan cheese: Always use freshly grated parmesan cheese, not the pre-grated powdery stuff. It seriously makes a major difference in flavor and texture.
- Milk: Adding milk to the meatballs helps keep the meat moist which makes them incredibly juicy and not dried out.
- Salt and pepper: Lots and lots for maximum flavor, do not skimp here!
- Always use fresh, high-quality ingredients.
- Don’t over mix the meatball ingredients. Use clean hands greased with oil to mix the ingredients until the ingredients come together and are evenly distributed. Greasing your hands prevents the mixture from sticking to your hands.
- Cook up a tiny meatball in a saucepan before you make the entire batch. That gives you a chance to adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Generously spray your baking pan with non-stick spray and use a metal spatula to carefully flip once during baking.
Serve meatballs warm in marinara sauce, over pasta, or with melted mozzarella in a meatball sub.
Recipe for the best meatballs that are juicy and full of flavor
Servings: 11 meatballs
- ½ lb. ground pork any fat percentage
- ½ lb. ground beef 80-85%
- ¼ cup onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp garlic minced
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup Italian style bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp parsley chopped
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400°
- In a medium bowl combine finely chopped onion, minced garlic, freshly grated parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, bread crumbs, chopped parsley, and large egg. Mix the meat and milk into the mixture using clean hand greased with olive oil.
- Take about ¼ cup of the meat mixture at a time and form into a ball by rolling it with the palms of your hands.
- Arrange the meatballs on a baking pan that has been generously sprayed with non-stick spray or greased with olive oil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Flip the meatballs and continue baking for 10 more minutes.