This is the only meatball recipe you will ever need! The meatballs are juicy, packed with flavor, and can be made in under 30 minutes. Serve them with your favorite sauce over pasta for a fast, delicious meal.
This meatball recipe is quick and easy to make, and the meatballs come out perfect every time! They are juicy and packed with so much flavor, perfect as a side dish, light lunch, or over pasta for a complete dinner.
- Ground beef: Use 80-90% for the juiciest meatballs.
- Ground pork: I like to use half beef and half pork, but if you'd prefer to just use beef that's fine too.
- Chopped onion: Chop the onion very finely so that they're tender by the time the meatballs are done baking.
- Chopped garlic: Always use fresh garlic for the best flavor!
- Italian style bread crumbs: A classic meatball ingredient, also helps to bind the meatballs.
- Egg: Egg is essential as the binder for the meatballs.
- Parmesan cheese: Always use freshly grated parmesan cheese, not the pre-grated powdery stuff. It seriously makes a major difference in flavor and texture.
- Milk: Adding milk to the meatballs helps keep the meat moist which makes them incredibly juicy and not dried out.
- Salt and pepper: Lots and lots for maximum flavor, do not skimp here.
How to Make Meatballs:
- Add all of the meatball ingredients in a medium bowl. Use your hands to combine the mixture.
- Preheat your oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Form the meat into ¼ cup-size balls and arrange on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, flip the meatballs and bake for another 10 minutes.
- In a medium pot, heat your favorite pasta sauce.
- Add the cooked meatballs and let them simmer in the sauce before serving. Serve over pasta with more sauce.
- Always use fresh, high-quality ingredients.
- Don't over mix the meatball ingredients. Use clean hands greased with oil to mix the ingredients until the ingredients come together and are evenly distributed. Greasing your hands prevents the mixture from sticking to your hands.
- Cook up a tiny meatball in a saucepan before you make the entire batch. That gives you a chance to adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Generously spray your baking pan with non-stick spray and use a metal spatula to carefully flip once during baking.
Like this recipe? Try my Asian glazed meatballs next!
- ½ lb. ground pork, any fat percentage
- ½ lb. ground beef, 80-85%
- ¼ cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup Italian style bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400°
- In a medium bowl combine finely chopped onion, minced garlic, freshly grated parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, bread crumbs, chopped parsley, and large egg. Mix the meat and milk into the mixture using clean hands greased with olive oil.
- Take about ¼ cup of the meat mixture at a time and form into a ball by rolling it with the palms of your hands.
- Arrange the meatballs on a baking pan that has been generously sprayed with non-stick spray or greased with olive oil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Flip the meatballs and continue baking for 10 more minutes.
- Simmer the meatballs in your favorite pasta sauce until ready to serve.