This easy no-churn ice cream recipe is made with just 4 simple ingredients and packed with gobs of edible chocolate chip cookie dough. You won’t believe this didn’t come from an ice cream maker!
You don’t need a big, bulky ice cream maker to make creamy, delicious ice cream at home. This easy no-churn ice cream recipe makes lusciously creamy and indulgent ice cream with just 4 ingredients and 2 bowls. The only hard part about this recipe is waiting for it to set in the freezer! The base for the ice cream can be adapted to pretty much any flavor you choose, today I chose to pack mine full of gobs of edible cookie dough.
HOW TO MAKE NO-CHURN ICE CREAM:
No-churn ice cream is incredibly easy to make with just 4 ingredients:
- Heavy whipping cream
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Vanilla extract
Mix the sweetened condensed milk, salt, and vanilla. Beat the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the whipped cream with the sweetened condensed milk until smooth.
Pour into a 9 x 5″ loaf pan, cover, and set in the freezer while you make the edible cookie dough.
EDIBLE COOKIE DOUGH:
Edible cookie dough is dangerously addicting, you can literally eat it by the spoonful! It’s made without eggs and with heat-treated flour. It comes together quickly and is a thousand times easier to make than regular chocolate chip cookies.
INGREDIENTS FOR EDIBLE COOKIE DOUGH:
- All-purpose flour: Heat-treated, instructions below.
- Unsalted butter: Softened to room temperature. You can use salted butter if that’s all you have. Just add less salt.
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Milk: Since there are no eggs in the recipe we need to add milk for moisture and to make the dough cohesive.
- Chocolate chips: You can use mini chocolate chips or regular size, semi-sweet, or milk chocolate.
HOW TO HEAT TREAT FLOUR:
Because raw flour can contain bacteria, it needs to be heat-treated to make it safe for consumption. To do this, simply line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the flour evenly on top. Then bake in a 350° oven for 7 minutes.
MAKE THE COOKIE DOUGH ICE CREAM:
- Beat the softened butter, sugars, salt, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl. Mix in the flour and milk until smooth. Fold in the chocolate chips and roll the dough into bite-size balls.
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer and fold in the cookie dough balls plus more chocolate chips, if desired. Cover and freeze for at least 5 hours or overnight.
- When ready to eat, remove from the freezer and allow to soften slightly before serving. Don’t leave the ice cream out for too long because it melts faster than regular ice cream.
No-Churn Ice Cream with Edible Cookie Dough
For the No-Churn Ice Cream:
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. salt
For the Edible Cookie Dough:
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar packed
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. whole milk
- ½ cup chocolate chips
Make the Ice Cream:
- In a medium bowl, whisk the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. About 2 minutes.
- Gently fold the sweetened condensed milk into the whipped cream until smooth. Pour into a 9 x 5" loaf pan and set in the freezer while you make the cookie dough.
Make the Cookie Dough:
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the flour evenly on top. Bake in the preheated oven for 7 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter with both sugars, then beat in the vanilla extract and salt. Mix in the flour and milk until smooth. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into bite-size balls and fold into the ice cream with more chocolate chips.
- Set the ice cream in the freezer for at least 7 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve the ice cream, remove from the freezer and let sit to soften slightly. Don't leave the ice cream out for too long because it melts faster than regular ice cream.