These pistachio muffins are hands-down delicious and so easy to make! They are filled with real pistachios in every bite and have perfectly domed tops for a stunning, bakery-style appearance!
If you love pistachios and want something quick and easy to make for breakfast or as a snack, look no further than these pistachio muffins! They are just as good as what you'd get from a bakery, but at a fraction of the cost and made with simple ingredients.
A lot of pistachio muffin recipes use instant pudding mix, but I definitely wanted to use real pistachios for these muffins! Not only do they add great flavor and texture, they are also highly nutritious and a great addition to your day!
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THESE PISTACHIO MUFFINS
- All-purpose flour
- Pistachios: Use roasted for the best flavor. Roasting adds a crunchy texture and enhances the flavor of raw pistachios, just make sure to use dry roasted (without oil).
- Salt: Use ¼ teaspoon if your pistachios are salted. If your pistachios are unsalted increase the added salt to ½ teaspoon.
- Baking powder: Leavener that makes the muffins fluffy and helps them rise during baking!
- Vegetable oil: Oil gives the muffins the best texture and a moist, tender crumb. It also keeps them soft and fresh longer!
- Brown sugar & granulated sugar: Using both sugars gives these muffins the perfect level of sweetness with a hint of caramelization from the molasses in the brown sugar.
- Whole milk
- Chopped pistachios and sparkling sugar: Optional topping that adds flavor, texture, and give the muffins a bakery-style appearance!
HOW TO MAKE PISTACHIO MUFFINS
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a 12-count muffin pan with liners and lightly spray the inside of the liners with non-stick spray.
2. Add the all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, and pistachios to a bowl of a food processor and pulse to combine. Don't worry about getting the pistachios completely ground, a few chunks are OK and add delicious texture to the muffins!
3. Add the vegetable oil and both sugars to a large bowl and whisk to combine, then mix in the eggs. 4. Mix in about half of the dry ingredients until just incorporated. Then whisk in the whole milk. 5. Mix in the rest of the dry ingredients until combined with no pockets of flour remaining. 6. Scoop the batter into the muffin liners and sprinkle the tops with chopped pistachios and sparkling sugar, if desired.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
HOW TO STORE PISTACHIO MUFFINS
Store the muffins in a sealed container and keep at room temperature for 4 days. You can also freeze the muffins and muffin batter for up to 3 months.
HOW TO FREEZE MUFFINS AND MUFFIN BATTER
To freeze the muffins: Arrange the muffins on a baking sheet and set the sheet flat in your freezer. Once the muffins are pretty solid, add them to a large plastic bag or airtight container and keep frozen for up to 3 months. Heat them up in a 350°F oven or a toaster oven for a few minutes until warm.
To freeze muffin batter: Add liners to your muffin pan and scoop the batter into the liners. Set the pan flat in your freezer until the batter is completely solid. Overnight is best. Add the frozen batter-filled liners to a large plastic bag and keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
To bake from frozen: Add the frozen batter-filled liners to your muffin pan. Bake the muffins straight from frozen in a 350°F oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
MORE MUFFIN RECIPES
- 12 muffin liners
- Food processor
- 1 and ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup roasted and salted pistachios
- ¼ teaspoon salt*
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- chopped pistachios and sparkling sugar, optional, for topping
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a 12-count muffin pan with liners and lightly spray the inside of the liners with non-stick spray.
- Add the all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, and pistachios to a bowl of a food processor and pulse to combine. Don't worry about getting the pistachios completely ground, a few chunks are okay and add great texture to the muffins!
- In a large bowl, mix the vegetable oil, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Mix in the eggs until combined.
- Add about half of the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Mix in the whole milk, then add the remaining dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin liners and sprinkle the tops with chopped pistachios and sparkling sugar, if desired.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Leave a Reply