Homemade Pumpkin Bread is perfect for fall. I love to serve it with sweet whipped cinnamon butter, it is truly irresistible!
This homemade pumpkin bread recipe is deliciously moist and packed with so much pumpkin flavor. It’s an incredibly easy recipe that only requires a few simple ingredients.
Unbleached all-purpose flour: Unbleached flour provides a stronger structure for pumpkin bread.
Pumpkin pureé: I always use canned because it’s easier and the texture and taste are preferred for baking recipes. Make sure you’re using pumpkin pureé and not pumpkin pie filling.
Pumpkin pie spice: Nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon, and ginger perfectly complement the pumpkin flavor.
Room temperature eggs: Room temperature eggs are always best for baking because they mix in more evenly and easily.
Oil: makes the bread incredibly moist and flavorful. Use vegetable oil or light olive oil.
Chopped nuts or semi-sweet chocolate chips are a great addition in this recipe. Add about 1/2 cup of either (or both!).
How to Make Pumpkin Bread:
Preheat the oven to 350° Grease a 9 x 5″ loaf pan with butter and lightly dust with flour.
Sift together the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Make sure there are no lumps of baking powder or baking soda.
In a medium bowl, whisk to combine the brown sugar, oil, pumpkin pureé, and room temperature eggs.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until smooth.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes. Then, cover the top with foil and bake an additional 30-40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Allow to cool slightly in the pan and then cool completely on the counter before serving.
Whipped cinnamon butter for serving: Add 1 stick of butter softened to room temperature in a medium bowl. Add 1/4 cup brown sugar and 1/4 tsp cinnamon. Use an electric mixer to beat the ingredients until smooth and creamy.
Similar to banana bread, pumpkin bread tastes even better on day 2! Store pumpkin bread on the counter for 1 week, do not refrigerate.
Pumpkin Bread with Whipped Cinnamon Butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour unbleached
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup light brown sugar packed
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- ¾ cup light olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 cups canned pumpkin pureé
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Grease a 9 x 5" loaf pan with butter and lightly dust with flour.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and granulated sugar in a large bowl.
- Whisk the light brown sugar, room temperature eggs, oil, and canned pumpkin in a medium bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredient and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Cover with aluminum foil and continue baking for 30-40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly in the pan, and then cool completely on the counter before serving.