This shrimp scampi recipe seems fancy, but the ingredients are really simple and it only takes about 15 minutes to make. The sauce is super garlicky, buttery and bright with freshly squeezed lemon juice and white wine. Serve it over your favorite pasta for a quick and easy dinner that will be sure to impress!
This shrimp scampi recipe is a favorite of mine that always gets rave reviews. Serve over your favorite pasta or with a side of crusty bread to soak up all of the delicious sauce!
Shrimp Scampi Tips:
- Always use fresh, high-quality ingredients for the best flavor.
- Have everything ready before you start cooking. It’s less stressful and ensures nothing will burn or overcook while you’re scrambling to get an ingredient.
- This scampi sauce uses butter and olive oil. The butter thickens the sauce and adds flavor and the olive oil prevents the butter from burning.
- Cook the shrimp directly in the sauce. It’s easier and the shrimp will better absorb the flavors.
- I like to use jumbo shrimp (16-20 count) for this shrimp scampi recipe because they’re bigger and meatier, but large or extra-large work too.
- Dry white wine (such as chardonnay or sauvignon blanc) adds a complex flavor that perfectly complements the richness of the garlic and butter. I also use chicken broth for a subtle flavor that rounds out the sauce. The wine can be completely replaced with chicken broth if desired.
- I like to add red chili flakes for a spicier meal, but that is completely optional.
- Chopped fresh parsley to garnish adds mild flavor and a pretty pop of color.
This shrimp scampi recipe is made with jumbo shrimp sauteed in a garlic butter and lemon wine sauce.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 4 people
- 2 lbs. jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced (about 4 cloves)
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice (about 2 lemons freshly squeezed)
- 1 cup dry white wine*
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
- Get all of your ingredients ready before you start.
- Add the butter and olive oil to a large saucepan.
- Once the butter has melted, add the shrimp and minced garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the lemon juice, wine, chicken broth, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally until the shrimp are cooked through. About 10 minutes. Stir in the red pepper flakes if using.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve as desired.
- Chicken broth can be substituted if desired.