This shrimp scampi recipe seems fancy, but the ingredients are really simple and it only takes about 15 minutes to make. The sauce is super garlicky, buttery, and bright with freshly squeezed lemon juice and white wine. Serve it over your favorite pasta for a quick and easy dinner that will be sure to impress!
This shrimp scampi recipe is a favorite of mine that always gets rave reviews. Serve over your favorite pasta or with a side of crusty bread to soak up all of the delicious sauce!
INGREDIENTS FOR SHRIMP SCAMPI:
- Shrimp: I like to use frozen shrimp because it’s frozen at peak freshness and therefore is usually fresher than what’s sitting out at the seafood counter. Use large, extra-large, or jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined.
- Olive oil and unsalted butter: The butter thickens the sauce and makes it richer and the olive oil prevents the butter from burning.
- Garlic: About 4 cloves of fresh minced garlic
- Lemon juice: Freshly-squeezed lemon juice really brightens the sauce.
- White wine: Any dry white wine such as chardonnay, sauvignon blanc, or pinot grigio.
- Chicken broth: Low-sodium chicken broth helps balance out the flavors
- Salt: This recipe calls for unsalted butter and low-sodium chicken broth, so if you’re using salted butter or regular chicken broth be sure to adjust how much salt you add.
- Red chili flakes: Adds a bit of heat and a pop of color. Feel free to leave it out for a less spicy dish.
- Parsely: Chopped fresh parsley, to garnish.
- Pasta: Optional, for serving. I usually serve this over linguini pasta. Fettuccini or spaghetti are other good choices.
- Always use fresh, high-quality ingredients for the best flavor.
- Have everything prepped before you start cooking. It’s less stressful and you don’t have to worry about anything burning or overcook while you’re scrambling to get an ingredient.
- Use at least large-sized shrimp, I find extra-large (16-20 count) to be the perfect size for shrimp scampi, but large or jumbo work too.
- Dry white wine adds a complex flavor that perfectly complements the richness of the garlic and butter. I also use chicken broth for a subtle flavor that rounds out the sauce. The wine can be completely replaced with chicken broth if desired.
MORE ITALIAN RECIPES:
This shrimp scampi recipe is made with jumbo shrimp sauteed in a garlic butter and lemon wine sauce.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 4 people
- 2 lbs. extra large shrimp (16-20 count) , peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoon garlic, minced , about 4 cloves
- 3 tbsp. fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup dry white wine*
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes, optional
- ¼ tsp. salt
- chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
- lingiuni pasta, for serving
- Cook the linguini pasta in boiling salted water for 10 minutes. While the pasta is cooking get all of the ingredients prepped.
- Add the butter and olive oil to a large saute pan.
- Once the butter has melted, add the shrimp and minced garlic and saute for 1 minute, flip the shrimp and saute an additional minute.
- Add the lemon juice, white wine, chicken broth, and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally until the shrimp are cooked through. About 5 minutes. Stir in the red pepper flakes if using.
- Taste and season with more salt if needed. Serve over cooked linguini pasta and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
*Chicken broth can be substituted if desired.
Calories: 485kcal | Carbohydrates: 5.4g | Protein: 52.2g | Fat: 22.5g | Saturated Fat: 9.6g | Cholesterol: 508mg | Sodium: 796mg | Potassium: 460mg | Fiber: 0.1g | Sugar: 0.7g | Calcium: 214mg | Iron: 1mg
Leave a Reply