This zucchini bread is easy to make, delicious, and perfectly spiced with cinnamon and a hint of nutmeg. The zucchini has a mild, slightly sweet flavor that gives the bread a perfectly soft, moist texture.
This is a classic recipe for quick and easy zucchini bread. If you've never baked with zucchini, it's a power baking ingredient because it bulks up the texture of bread, adds lots of nutrition, tons of moisture, and its' mild, slightly sweet flavor pairs well with a variety of ingredients. The bread tastes best on day 2!
HOW TO MAKE ZUCCHINI BREAD:
- All-purpose flour: You can also use whole wheat for a slightly healthier loaf.
- Baking soda and baking powder: Help the bread rise up perfectly.
- Cinnamon and nutmeg: These two spices work together really well in this recipe. Because nutmeg can be overpowering you only need to add a small amount.
- Salt: Necessary to bring out flavors.
- Vegetable oil: Canola oil or even a light olive oil would also work.
- Granulated sugar and brown sugar: Granulated sugar is sweeter and produces a lighter color and the brown sugar adds moisture and a hint of caramel.
- Eggs: Use room temperature.
- Vanilla extract: Pure or imitation vanilla will work fine.
- Grated zucchini: Unpeeled and grated on the large holes of a box grater. You can also use a food processor to grate the zucchini. You shouldn't need more than 1-2 medium zucchini.
TO MAKE IT:
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Whisk both sugars with the vegetable oil, room temperature eggs, vanilla extract, and grated zucchini.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until fully combined and no flour pockets remain.
- Pour the batter into a 9 x 5" loaf pan and bake in a 350° oven for 55-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Loosely cover the top of the pan halfway through baking to prevent the top from getting too browned.
- Do not wring out the zucchini! The liquid in the zucchini is what gives the bread it's light and moist texture.
- Line the bottom of your loaf pan with parchment paper and also spray with non-stick cooking spray. This provides extra insurance against the bread sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Cover the loaf pan with foil for the first half of baking, not the second half. Covering with foil helps prevent the top of the bread from getting too browned. Because the bread starts to rise after the first 30 minutes it can stick to the foil.
- Zucchini bread tastes best on day 2. Leave the pan uncovered overnight and enjoy the next day for the best flavor.
MORE BREAD RECIPES:
This zucchini bread is easy to make, delicious, and perfectly spiced with cinnamon and a hint of nutmeg. The zucchini has a mild, slightly sweet flavor that gives the bread a perfectly soft, moist texture.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 1 9 x 5" loaf
- 9 x 5" loaf pan
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini, unpeeled and lightly packed
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line the bottom of a 9 x 5" loaf pan with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Use the large holes of a box grater to grate the zucchini. Do not wring out the moisture.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a larger bowl, whisk together the granulated sugar, brown sugar, vegetable oil, room temperature eggs, vanilla extract, and grated zucchini.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk until fully combined. Pour into the prepared loaf pan and loosely cover the top with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking for 25-30 minutes. The bread is done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Zucchini bread tastes best on day 2. Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days or in the fridge for 1 week.
Calories: 353kcal | Carbohydrates: 46.2g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 17.5g | Saturated Fat: 3.6g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 261mg | Potassium: 141mg | Fiber: 1.2g | Sugar: 26.2g | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 2mg
Leave a Reply